At various locations around Middle-earth, you will notice mailboxes where mail can be sent and received. For example, mailboxes might be found along a road or inside a hall. Mailboxes will also appear as Map Notes on your map.
Mail can be a simple letter to a companion, or you can also choose to send money or an item. The Auction Hall will also send you items that you have purchased or proceeds from your own auctions via the Mail System.
To Send Mail:
1. Get to a mailbox (mailboxes appear as sealed envelope icons on your radar and your map)
2. Double left-click the mailbox (or target the mailbox and right-click once)
3. Click on Compose Mail
4. Fill out the appropriate areas and attach any items or currency intended. Note that you only need the FIRST NAME of the person who you want to send the mail to. You will not need surnames or titles.
5. To attach an item to your mail, drag the item from your inventory into the 'Attach Item' window. To detach an item from a mail that you have received, click on the 'Detach Item' window. The item will immediately be placed into your inventory.
6. Once the mail is completed to your satisfaction, click on SEND. A nominal fee is charged for sending mail. Note that bound items may not be mailed. When you have a letter waiting for you, an envelope icon will appear on your general game screen.
To read mail which you have received:
1. Get to a Mailbox (you must be using a mailbox to send or read your mail)
2. If you have mail, a 'you have mail' icon will appear on the right side of your screen
3. Double left-click the mailbox. All mail in your mailbox will appear. Mail which has been read will have a green check over its icon on the left. Right-click the mail message which you'd like to open.
Mail & Trade Restrictions (Free Subscriptions)
Free players have mail restrictions similar to Free chat restrictions. Free players cannot mail away or trade away gold. Free players can receive gold in trade or in the mail (subject to the gold cap). Most items can be mailed or traded, however any item restrictions are based on the item in question (i.e. character bound items cannot be traded or mailed).
Mail & Trade Restrictions (Premium Subscriptions)
Premium players do have limits on mail, but they are not as strict as the free restrictions. The time limits are not as restrictive, and you can mail to several players within a short period. Premium players can send and receive gold by mail (subject to the gold cap).
Premium players do not have trade restrictions. They do have the ability to send or receive gold by trade (subject to the gold cap).
Most items can be mailed or traded, however any item restrictions are based on the item in question (i.e. character bound items cannot be traded or mailed).
Mail & Trade Restrictions (VIP Subscriptions)
No restrictions. Mail and trade as you like! Please note that most items can be mailed or traded, however any item restrictions are based on the item in question (i.e. character-bound items cannot be traded or mailed).
Mail & Trade Restrictions (VIP to Premium Downgrade)
Players who downgrade from VIP are subject to the same Premium restrictions (as far as mail & trade) as players who have never been VIP.
We’d love your feedback and comments on this article! Please rate the article below and then add a comment!